Looking to learn how to make custom ring pop wrappers? Well, you’re in luck! I’m now giving away my Canva ring pop template and showing how you can make your own design!
With a digital file and a few simple steps, you can create unique and memorable favors and custom items for events like baby showers, Valentine’s Day, or your next big celebration. And I’m going to show you how
Before you can access this ring pop Canva digital template, let me share details and how to use.
Download the Blank Ring Pop Template
The instant download file is a PDF file with a link that directs you to the Canva ring pop template. It will download automatically to your computer. Make sure you are downloading it from a web browser (not within a Facebook frame or Instagram frame). Also, if downloading on your phone, go to your downloads folder to retrieve it. Download for commercial or personal use by clicking the link below:
Supplies You’ll Need
Now that you have the template, let’s talk materials. To ensure your DIY ring pop wrappers turn out as expected, here’s a supply list:
- Party Printables Paper: You will need mini 5×7 Party Printables Paper for custom ring pops. Trust me, this glossy finish paper is a game-changer and made for standard inkjet printers. It’ll give your ring pops that extra pop (pun intended). Some people may opt for letter size presentation paper but the 5×7 size allows you to print borderless and skip cutting. No cutting means you save tons of time!
- Printer: Any inkjet printer will work. You can check out this post for craft printer recommendations. Just keep in mind, if you will be making a lot of ink-intensive projects, I highly recommend a printer with an ink tank. This is the printer I use.
- Adhesive: I recommend double-sided tape. You could opt for a small tape roller, or go for something like this, which I use. Others like to use hot glue guns. Choose what works best for you.
- Ring Pops: This wrapper is designed to fit standard size ring pops.
- Canva and Creative Vibes: This template is for use in Canva. If you don’t have Canva Pro, I highly recommend it, because it gives you access to their fonts, graphics and tools.
Would you rather watch the video tutorial instead of step-by-step instructions? We’ve got you.
DIY Custom Ring Pops Instructions
Step 1: Designing in Canva
Open the PDF file and click the link that will take you to the blank template in Canva. Customize your ring pop template to match your party theme. The design process isn’t hard. Change colors, add text, pick graphics or upload and add your own elements. Don’t forget to add a nutrition facts label to the back.
Step 3: Save and Download
Once your ring pop design is to your liking, download as a PNG. This is when you want to have Canva Pro. While not required, basic users’ files download at 80% quality, while pro users can download at 100% quality and higher.
Step 4: Print Template
Here’s where Party Printables Paper from Pretty, Party & Crafty comes into play. Print your design on the mini 5×7 Party Printable Paper for the best results. Remember to set document size to 5×7, paper type should be Photo Paper Glossy (or premium glossy paper), and choose the borderless option. Printing the full page is the exact size for the ring pop wrapper so you can skip the cutting step. My settings are below:
Step 5: Wrap and Seal
Flip paper face down and turn horizontally. Do a soft gate fold and adhere adhesive across the top, right, and bottom edges of the paper.
Add ring pop on top in the center and wrap the paper around. Seal the left/right edges, seal the bottom, slightly squeeze the center, if needed, then seal the top. And you’re done!
If you need visual step-by-step instructions, check out the video from my youtube channel below.
- Party Printables Paper: This is MAGIC. Mini 5×7 size allows you to print borderless!
- Printer Settings: Be sure to change your paper type to “glossy photo paper” in your printer settings to prevent smearing.
- Use Double-Sided Tape: It gives a seamless finish, not bumpy like with hot glue.
- PNG Crimps: Save even more time! Stop manually crimping and add png crimps on top of your design to give the illusion of crimps instead.
Creating custom designs for ring pop wrappers for your next event is easy when using mini 5×7 Party Printables Paper and Canva templates. Infuse your personal style into every detail, from color choices to special messages. With the convenience of digital files and easy customization, you can enjoy beautiful, personalized party favors that will be cherished by your guests. Hope this was helpful!
Love pretty, parties, crafts and free? All that I ask is that you don’t be a stranger and CLICK HERE to follow me on INSTAGRAM or subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel. If you think your friends might like it, share the link to the post and pin the image below. Do that, and you can expect tons more freebies, tutorials, party inspiration, recipes and recommendations!